1. Swimming Pool to be heated
To start, we need to know the volume of the pool water, the required pool temperature and then the acceptable heat-up time of the pool from cold to start calculating the most suitable PHE.
2. System Control Panel The control panel will sense the secondary flow temperature leaving the plate heat exchanger and send a signal to the modulating 3 or 4 port valve to close or open depending on demand.
3. Primary 3 or 4 port valve
This valve will open or close as demand (temperature) increases or decreases on the secondary flow out of the PHE.
4. Primary Heating Pump
This pump will circulate water at the correct design flow rate
5. Secondary Outlet Temperature Sensor
This will sense the flow out of the PHE to the pool and tell the control panel to open or close the 3 or 4 port valve allowing more or less hot water through on the Primary side of the PHE
6. Secondary Chlorination / Dosing System.
Pool chlorination is required to dose the system with chemicals that will kill bacteria.
7. Secondary Filter Pump
The filter pump provides the correct flow rate through the pool filter.
8. Secondary Pool Filter
The pool filter system cleans the pool water.
9. Secondary Bypass Valve
The secondary bypass valve will be set to allow the correct flow of returning pool water through the PHE and straight back to the pool.
10. Boiler or Primary heat source